“Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers.” ― Voltaire
Oh yes we do! Although most of our clients are in the United States, some of our clients are in Europe and Asia. Our headquarters are located in pristine Boulder, Colorado, 2 miles down the street from Google! We love meeting our clients face to face, especially if you’re located in Boulder. However, for remote clients, and also because a lot of our project involve different teams such as design and development, we use project management tools such as Basecamp, Balsamiq, Skype and web/video conferencing tools such as Zoom, GoToMeeting, or ReadyTalk to collaborate efficiently. Online meetings can and should be just as effective as face to face meetings!
Currently, our service providers are located in the following countries: United States, India, Russia, New Zealand, Philippines and Bangladesh. All our service providers are fluent in English and are accustomed to working with American, European, Australian, New Zealand, Asian and other International clientele. We manage websites in English as well as in other foreign languages such as Mandarin, Thai, Korean, Vietnamese, Russian etc.
Yes, we treat every job we take on as projects with milestones and datelines and with that, we include project management services to ensure that your project is completed on time and on budget. We take pride in delivering as well as delighting 🙂
Yes! Currently, we provide WordPress and Drupal training tailored specifically to what we’ve built for you. This way, you can continue to manage and grow your CMS website long after the handoff.
If there’s other training you’d like us to provide, please let us know and we’ll gladly oblige.
Technical Support FAQ
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More .
- Click More tools Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files,” check the boxes.
- Click Clear data.
- Open the Safari browser.
- In the Safari menu select Preferences.
- In the Advanced section tick Show Develop menu in menu bar.
- Click on Develop in the menu bar and select Empty Caches.
- Close the Safari browser to finish the cache clearing.